Our History

A newcomer in name oUploaded File: /uploads/History/18_Ed32-Stewart.pngnly

Ray Energy Corp. is a newcomer in name only to the motor fuels industry.

The company began as a division of John Ray & Sons. For more than a century, the original family business delivered ice, coal, wood, kerosene, gasoline, diesel fuel and home heating oil to customers throughout the Capital Region of New York.  

Kenneth J. Ray joined that family business in 1975, started a service division, added gasoline, diesel and propane to the company offerings, and eventually assumed ownership.

When the heating oil, propane and diesel divisions were sold in 2011, Ray retained ownership of the company’s premium gasoline division. The decision to sell was a carefully considered and strategic decision, resulting in the formation of Ray Energy Corp. 
Uploaded File: /uploads/History/7_JeffwIceHtgTrk.png
As the exclusive supplier of PitStop High-Performance Gasoline and Captain’s Choice Marine Gasoline, Ray Energy proudly continues the tradition of reliable delivery, outstanding service and customer satisfaction established by the Ray family in 1904.

In addition to delivering high-performance, high-quality fuel products at competitive prices, the company also provides opportunities for gas stations and marinas to become a “partner in profits.”  

We are also committed to pursuing new and innovative energy technologies.

For more information, please call 518-874-4510 or contact us.