Propane Consumer Safety Data
The following information on propane is provided for you and your customer's safety. You can review and download educational and safety information for consumers and technical information regarding propane logistics and storage, safety regulations, and handling procedures from the links below.
- Above-Ground Propane Container Ownership (available from PERC)
- Underground Propane Container Ownership (available from PERC)
- Propane Safety Information for You and Your Family (available from PERC)
- Propane Safety Information for Users of Small Cylinders (available from PERC)
- Container Shut-Off Valve Label (available from PERC)
- LP-Gas Odorization Information (printed by permission of Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.)
- Technical Information Bulletin (printed by permission of Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.)
- Safety Data Sheet for Propane (printed by permission of Conoco Phillips)
Additional copies of the brochures provided by the Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) are available online, or by calling 202-452-8975.
PERC also offers Interactive Consumer Safety Modules which can be downloaded and added to your website. These are available in both English and Spanish.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) updates their procedures for safe storage and handling of LP gas regularly. Please see NFPA #58 Liquified Petroleum Gas Code and NFPA #54 Standard for Storage, Use, and Handling of Compressed Gases.
Safety and compliance in our industry is of utmost importance and we continually work to reduce hazardous situations and ensure safe working environments.
If you have any questions or would like any of these materials mailed to you, please contact us.